11 August 2009

Time flies...


Okay, so my intention was to update more often now that we're getting closer to the due date, but somehow between starting renovations on our house, catching a nasty sinus/ear infection and growing a baby, the posting to the blog seems to have fallen behind. Good news is...most of that is behind us now. Moving forward there shall be more effort put into more frequent postings. :)

So, the update on all the happenings. Firstly, LBP is growing and still a very active baby despite its lack of space in my body. Lately I think the little one has concocted an escape plan that involves bursting out the side of my belly Spaceballs-style and doing a little dance (if you haven't seen it click here for a glimpse). I do actually think somedays there is dance practice going on inside. I have tried several times to catch the alien movements on video so I could post it, but alas, this little one is too quick for me. You'll just have to take my word for it that its a bit freaky, and really cool to see a full foot or a knee go cruising across your belly about an inch further out than the rest of your body. The latest belly photo is included for your amusement. Photo taken 08/07/09 (about 2 weeks pre-due date).

As for the infections, let's just say its not very fun to be sick and 9 months pregnant. I think my immune system is not quite up for the work it had to do this week. Luckily, each day gets a little better and I've been at least moderately functional this week. Last week I pretty much spent in bed. The cough was so intense I was nervous all the stomach contracting was going to send me into labor, but I think LBP knew it would be more wise to wait it out inside than to come into the world hearing that horrible hacking noise.

The renovations are coming along wonderfully. The boys are doing a fabulous job trying to get everything done before LBP arrives. I think its going to be a tight race. All of the framework is done and the new windows are in and they look amazing. Most of the insulation in the roof and walls is done and the new sheetrock is going up this week. We're very excited to see the finished product. I'll put up some photos once its done showing the progress along the way.

Okay, that's it for now. Stay tuned for more postings, more often, someday to include much more adorable photos than pictures of my big belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment