19 August 2009

Done with 90 degrees

Okay, so you all know that I'm not usually a big fan of being hot anyway, and I think I've been fairly good at trying not to complain too much throughout this pregnancy (and I've been lucky enough to have very little to complain about) but I'm DONE with 90 degree heat. This is a bit ridiculous. We're in Maine for crying out loud. Its at least supposed to get cooler at night. I end up sweating even sitting in front of the AC on high. I couldn't even sit on the couch to watch a movie last night because the fabric of the furniture was making me too hot...and that's with the air conditioning having been on all day and still on high.

That's my complaint of the day. As for more fun stuff, while the technical due date is tomorrow, I have very little to report on LBP action. There is lots of movement and the baby is in good position, but I can't say that I've felt anything remotely resembling what I assume a contraction will feel like yet. That being said, my "chocolate system" dictates that tomorrow should be the birthday. See, a few weeks ago, I was craving chocolates; specifically orange creams in dark chocolate. So, of course, one must obey the cravings and I went down to Haven's, our local chocolate store and got myself a nice variety pack of creams, including several orange creams, some blueberry, strawberry, lemon, buttercream and peppermint creams, all in dark chocolate. In my little box fit 16 chocolates, of which I promptly ate 4 (to make up for the days I had been craving and not having one, of course). Then I decided that the timing would work out great that if I ate 1 a day, whenever I'm at work (because I keep my chocolate and ice cream stocks at work to save Bev from having to look at them in the house all day...aka I don't have to share at work. Really, she asked me to do this.) that I would end up being close to my due date when the box was empty and maybe that would be the day I have the baby. I never did the math fully to figure out what day it would be, I just figured it would be close. Well, with the days I was out of work sick last week and following my one a day when I'm here rule, I actually have my very last one to eat today...which means, that tomorrow I should have the baby according to my "chocolate rule". That would be ironic considering I just read recently that only 4% of babies are actually due on their due date. Crazy, huh?!

We shall see. Now I just need to decide whether or not to go buy more chocolates if I don't go into labor tomorrow...hmmmmmm??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment