02 March 2010

6 months ago today...

I was still in labor after 2 full nights of being awake and trying to birth the little boy we now know and love. In honor of Rory's half-birthday, we decided it was time to try something new for solid foods. I debated ice cream cake (because I wanted some), but decided that he was not quite ready for sugar yet. Instead, we went with spinach!!! I figure, we might as well call it a "treat" as long as we can get away with it, right?!

He loved it. And he's loving being a big boy now. He sits at the table and eats dinner with us; he sleeps in his own room, all by himself; he sits up and plays with his toys; he has his first tooth; he's on the verge of being mobile. Its crazy how proud we are of all of the things he can do now, yet within all the pride is a deep sadness and fear of how fast time is going. As much as I love all the new changes and I love how fun he is these days to play with, I already miss the little baby Rory that we've spent the last 6 months with. Good thing we took lots of photos. :) And, its a good thing that with each new change, he just gets more and more adorable. Here's a bit of a peak at his spinach half-birthday party.








Happy Birthday Auntie Tara!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he is 6 months old!! Happy half birthday Rory!!

    ReplyDelete