17 March 2010

First night out...Happy St. Patrick's Day!!


So we finally took our first real night out on St. Patrick's Day. Our good friends came to the house and watched Rory for us and we went to see a National Geographic photojournalist present some of his work and talk about the environmental crisis of our oceans at a local school. I know, first night out and we decide on an educational seminar...super geeky. To save face a little we did decide to go out for a drink afterwards since it was St. Patty's Day. All in all it was a very fun evening and it was great to get out for a night. It was hysterical to me how weird it felt to be in a bar. I actually felt like I didn't know what I was supposed to do when I went up to order drinks for us. I had forgotten how to work your way through the crowd to get to the bar or how to get the bartenders attention or even what to do with my hands while I was waiting. I just felt so out of place. Too funny. Perhaps now that Rory is on a better sleep schedule, we can go out a bit more often. We'll see.

Hope everyone enjoyed their St. Patrick's Day!! I gave Rory a full account of how his Nana Pigeon celebrated this high holiday, knowing she would be smiling to see him in green (I know he has red on in the photo, but he started the day in green...after day care he's almost always in a different outfit than he starts the day in). He does have his "My 1st St. Patrick's Day" bib on of course. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment