07 July 2009

Moving and Nesting...




So, with 6 weeks to go, we finally realized that it might not make sense to try to buy a new house right now. We've decided to stay where we are at least until after the baby is born and to make better use of the space we have so that we can be comfortable here for several years if we need to be. We're actually very excited about the decisions and about our plans for renovating the porch and turning it into an office for Bev so she doesn't have to try to work from home in our living room while the baby and I hang out and have fun (or scream or cry or change poopy diapers) right in the same room for 3 months while I'm on maternity leave.

Also, in making that decision, we've officially begun the nesting process. We painted the baby's room (and by "we", I mean Bev); we did all of the little baby laundry that needed to be done before we put all the cute clothes and blankets on our little baby Pigeon (and by "we", I mean Bev, although this was coincidence and not that I couldn't wash baby clothes while pregnant); and we prepped all of the cloth diapers we have by washing them several times to get rid of the natural oils in the cotton and make them more absorbent before use (this one I actually did do myself...see, I can still do laundry). There are still a few more chores to get done, but we're on our way. This week's projects include making roman shades for the baby's room (yes, I'm actually using the sewing machine I asked for last Christmas), rearranging the furniture in the baby's room and setting up the crib, and most likely, getting the hospital bag packed and ready to go. Its totally stressing Bev out that we don't have the bag packed yet. :)

We decided on a tan/brownish color for the walls with all of our jungle themed greens and such to add some color. I'll post some finished product photos when its done. For now here's the work in progress:

No comments:

Post a Comment