21 June 2011

Surprise!!!!

Rory's new favorite game is to hide around a corner and yell "surprise!!" when someone walks by. He's especially fond of the corner in our kitchen right next to the mudroom, you can get someone as they walk into the house. I've been getting a big kick out of his surprises and how excited he gets after he does a good one that I wanted to catch it on video. So, I set up the video camera (my phone) on the counter and started it while he was waiting for Bev to come back in from the garden. We had seen her walking back through the front windows, so I thought she would only be a few seconds. Well, it turns out she had a few other things to do before she came in the house, so Rory ended up sitting behind that wall for over a minute waiting for her. I'm continually fascinated by the patience this kid has sometimes. He really just stood there, excited for so long. I had run upstairs to get Bayla from her nap and by the time I got back downstairs I assumed she had already come in the house, but she hadn't. The video is hysterical because then we all went to the mudroom window to see where she was just as she was coming up the stairs. Places everyone, places! He just LOVES this game.



He's got so much more vocabulary now than he ever has that you can really have a full conversation with him if you can translate what he means. For some reason "water" is "Wa-ry" which sounds exactly like the way he says "Rory", so for that one you really need to have the context to know what he's talking about. He calls his monkey his "Ah-ah" because that's what they say "Ooh-ooh, ah-ah". What's awesome is when he wakes up in the morning he usually throws the monkey out of his bed and then starts yelling "Uh-oh my Ah-ah". Its cracks me up every time. He calls money "Nummie" and he scrunches his face up funny when he says it.

My new favorite is that he's gotten really good at knowing the difference between Mommy (me) and Mama B (Bev), but sometimes he gets so caught up in his thought that he forgets the "B" until the end. He'll say things like "That Mama coffee (pause)...B". Or the other way that cracks me up is when he leaves out the Mama and just calls her "B". Several times a day he will look at me and say "Where B?" with his hands in the air to ask the question. And occasionally when he's feeling a little selfish with me, if Bayla tries to come over to climb in my lap, he'll run over to us and say "Go baby, Mama B", meaning that he wants her to go sit with Bev instead of me. Luckily she LOVES Bev and usually complies happily. The new words and phrases are keeping us laughing every day. I can't believe how well he communicates these days. Good times. At least he's given up on the swearing for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment