27 May 2011

"Where my daddy?"

Who knew we'd be answering that question this early.

This morning, Rory was sitting at the table eating breakfast and he said to me out of nowhere, "Where my daddy?" I think the thought stemmed from the fact that his friend at school was being picked up by her daddy and he labeled him "daddy" when he saw him and we said, "yes, that's her daddy". At the time he didn't ask about his own, but the next morning apparently he's thinking about it still. I'm fascinated by how young he is and he's already noticing that there are differences in families. I guess its great that he's so self-aware to recognize that. He seemed perfectly happy with the idea that he doesn't have one and that he's got 2 mommies instead. After that explanation, he immediately turned back to me and said "Where Mama B?", so I think he understood. I'm sure that he'll want more of an explanation than that as he gets older but luckily for now he seems to have moved past it. So interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment