19 August 2010

"George"

Last week I spent my first night away from Rory ever. I went to my puzzle conference and stayed at a hotel for the night. As nice as it was to get away, I missed him terribly. I'm sure it was harder on me than it was on him because he was home having fun with Mama B. When he woke up in the morning, she gave him a bottle and hung out for a bit in bed reading books, which is usually what we do (only I'm usually there to nurse him). Some of his favorite books lately have been the Curious George series. Apparently he likes them so much that it became one of his first words. Mama B handed him the book and he looked at it and said "George" and pointed and smiled that oh-so-proud smile he has when he knows he's just done something cool.

He's also been saying and signing "All done" at appropriate times; when he's done eating; when he's done nursing; when we get to the end of a book. Its really so cute. I've got a video of it, but I'll have to add that in later. My computer doesn't upload videos well these days. He says it in a really long, drawn out voice that is very sweet and soft. Its beyond adorable.

Below are a few photos of him loving his new monkey. Pete and Laurene came up for a visit to Maine and got him a monkey to love. He gives it a hug and then hands it to us for everyone to hug and then he wants it back for more hugs. He loves his monkeys. Not sure where he gets that from. :) Of course, we've decided to name this one George, since its on his mind these days.



No comments:

Post a Comment