25 November 2009

Back to work...

I can't believe it has been 12 weeks already. I am back to work this week and I think I'm sort of in a state of disbelief. The past couple weeks leading up to yesterday, which was my first day back, were really hard. It was hard not to think about leaving him for several hours a day, but it also gave me the perspective to realize how lucky I am to have this little boy in my life and to appreciate the time I had with him during those last few weeks. I think the anticipation of going back to work was much worse than the reality of it. It is certainly sad and I miss him terribly while I'm here, but its also nice to know that he's being so well cared for even without me around. He's at home with Mama Bev this week and next week he'll start daycare. We stopped into his classroom on Monday just to say hello, meet the teacher, and let him see the room and he seemed to enjoy it. It makes us feel a little better about leaving him at daycare seeing how interested and excited he is to watch other kids play. I think he's ready for some interactions beyond what I alone can provide him (at least, that's what I'm telling myself to get through the next couple weeks).

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment