11 September 2009

Hormones...



Showing our pride for cousin Greg sporting the UMass Lowell onesie. Yes, he already fits some 6 month clothing. Crazy how quick they out grow newborn clothes (and how inconsistent sizing is between brands).

So, here's my crazy hormone scenario of the day:

Step 1: Feed Rory his lunch
Step 2: Put Rory in swing to nap while I get myself lunch
Consequence: Rory throws up all of milk just consumed...not just spit up, throw up entire lunch
Reaction of hormonal mother: Pick Rory up and immediately start crying because I made my baby feel sick just to get myself lunch (meanwhile, he goes happily back to sleep in my arms without thinking twice about what just happened)

Irrational, yes, but I just felt so bad for the little guy and so horrible that I didn't consider that the swing might be too much motion for a little man with a full belly. Even I, who hates to blame anything on hormones has to admit to falling prey to their evil influence. Good thing not all hormones are evil. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment