01 October 2009

Bassinet on to the next generation



First of all, how cute are those little feet and that bum stuck up in the air while he sleeps?!



This is Rory during his first nap in the Pigeon bassinet. For those of you who don't know, my dad is one of eight kids and this bassinet was my grandmother's, which she used when my aunt Clair, the youngest of the eight, was a baby. From there, the bassinet was passed on and used by each of the babies in my generation, including me and my brother Mike. Now, Rory is the first Pigeon baby in his generation and will be the next to use this piece of family furniture. Its in wonderful condition and as I believe that things made of wood have the ability to transfer energy through time, I believe that the good energy of all those who've slept here in the past and that of the mothers and fathers who cared for them, is being passed on to our little boy as he naps.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, one month old!
    That bassinet is a very cool thing to have.
    You are correct about the wood, he is learning great things while he sleeps.

    ReplyDelete