26 May 2009

Baby's First Spring Hike


Mt. Doublehead in Jackson, NH. It was about a 3.5 mile hike round trip up to a peak with beautiful scenery. I was a little nervous about it at first, but we took it slow and managed to get up the whole mountain without raising my heartrate too much and without losing my breath. It probably doesn't hurt that at 6 months into my pregnancy, I have basically double the red blood cells that my body normally has (at least, that's what I've read...I haven't actually counted). We had a wonderful day and judging from the kicking and moving around, I think LBP liked it too. Well, I suppose this kid is always kicking and moving around these days, so perhaps it doesn't mean that, but I like to think we all enjoyed the hike this weekend. Thanks to Bev for finding me a perfect walking stick and to Imani and Kate for initiating the idea. Look at that belly!!

1 comment:

  1. Cooper certainly looks like he really enjoys a good hike.

    ReplyDelete